Last updated: August 2023
Hello! Welcome to lockrMail!
lockr, Corp. (“Company“, “We“, or “Our”) believes privacy is a fundamental right, and a right that should be respected. Privacy is component part of lockrMail – we want to help you protect it and control it. We are committed to this fundamental principal by our compliance with this Privacy Notice.
This Notice will describe and help you understand:
- The types of information we may collect or that you may provide when you open an account with, and access, or use lockrMail (“lockrMail“); and
- Our practices for collecting, using, maintaining, protecting, and disclosing that information.
This Notice only applies to information we collect on www.lockrMail.com, www.lockrScan.com, www.loc.kr, in the lockrMail web app, and in email, text, and other electronic communications sent through or in connection with lockrMail.
This policy DOES NOT apply to information that:
- We collect offline or on any other Company websites.
- You provide to or is collected by any third party (see Third-Party Information Collection).
Third parties have their own privacy policies, which we encourage you to read before providing information on or through them.
Children Under the Age of 16
lockrMail is not intended for children under 16years of age, and we do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 16. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 16 without verification of parental consent, we will immediately delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 16 please contact us at email@example.com or via phone at 917-719-4355.
What Information Do We Collect, and How Do We Collect It?
We collect information from and about lockrMail users in two ways:
- Directly from you when you provide it to us.
- Automatically when you use lockrMail.
Information You Provide to Us
When you open a lockrMail account, we may ask for your name, email address, and telephone number (“personal information“).
This information includes:
- Information that you provide by filling in the registration form for a lockrMail account. We may also ask you for information when you enter a contest or promotion sponsored by us, and when you report a problem with or provide product feedback to lockrMail.
- Records and copies of your correspondence (including email addresses and phone numbers), if you contact us.
- Your responses to surveys that we might ask you to complete for research purposes.
- Details of transactions you carry out through lockrMail, such as e-mail filtering preferences (“EFP”), and/or consent preferences in connection with the lockrMail Publisher Network.
lockr uses this information only to contact you to respond to your inquiries and maintain your account. We will always provide you with the opportunity to opt-out of future marketing messages. Once collected, lockr will store your personal information for a reasonable time for record keeping purposes.
Automatic Information Collection
When you access, and use lockrMail, it may use technology to automatically collect:
- Usage Details. When you access and use lockrMail, we may automatically collect certain details of your access to and use of lockrMail, including traffic data, location data, logs, and other communication data and the resources that you access and use on or through lockrMail.
- Device Information. We may collect information about your device and internet connection, including the device type, user agent, IP address, operating system, and browser type.
This information and data is not typically used to identify you, but is necessary for the proper use and function of lockrMail.
Certain automatically collected information also includes personal information that has been hashed so that it may not be used to identify someone. In some places, such as the State of California and the European Union, certain Non-PII such as cookie IDs and IP addresses are considered personal information.
Information Collection and Tracking Technologies
The technologies we use for automatic information collection may include:
- A cookie is a small file placed on your internet browser. It may be possible to refuse to accept cookies by activating the appropriate setting on your browser or downloading certain browser extensions. However, if you select this setting you may be unable to access certain parts of lockrMail.
- Pages of lockrMail and our emails may contain small electronic files known as pixel tags that permit the Company, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related app statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain content and verifying system and server integrity).
We may use third-party service providers such as Google Analytics, Zendesk, Canny, and others to monitor and analyze the use of our Websites. Google Analytics is a web analytics service offered by Google that tracks and reports website traffic. Google uses the data collected to track and monitor the use of our Service. This data is shared with other Google services. Google may use the collected data to contextualize and personalize the ads of its own advertising network. For more information on the privacy practices of Google, please visit the Google Privacy Terms web page: https://policies.google.com/privacy?hl=en
How Do We Use Your Information?
We use information that we collect about you or that you provide to us, including any personal information, to:
- Provide you with lockrMail services, and any other information, products or services that you request from us.
- Fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- Give you notices about your account including preference update confirmations.
- Carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us.
- Notify you when lockrMail updates are available, and of changes to any products or services we offer or provide though it.
The usage information we collect helps us to improve lockrMail and to deliver a better and more personalized experience by enabling us to:
- Estimate our user size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize lockrMail according to your individual EFP, and consent preferences.
- Recognize you when you access lockrMail
Who Do we Share Your Information With?
We may disclose aggregated information about our users, and information that does not identify any individual or device, without restriction.
In addition, we may disclose personal information that we collect or you provide:
- Subject to your preferences, consent, and directive, to publishers who have partnered with Company and are members of the lockrMail Publisher Network, as well as select publisher identity partners that have a direct relationship with lockr and are enabled by a given publisher. We contractually require these third parties to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them. To the extent this information is disclosed it would be in a form of a hashed e-mail address you have provided, with such format not revealing the actual underlying e-mail and personal information.
- To contractors, service providers, and other third parties we use to support our business and who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them.
- To a buyer or other successor in the event of a merger, divestiture, restructuring, reorganization, dissolution, or other sale or transfer of some or all of Company’s assets, whether as a going concern or as part of bankruptcy, liquidation, or similar proceeding, in which personal information held by Company about lockrMail users is among the assets transferred.
- To fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use the “invite a friend” feature lockrMail, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- For any other purpose disclosed by us when you provide the information.
- With your consent.
- To comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to respond to any government or regulatory request.
lockrScan is an optional product that can be used in conjunction with lockrMail, for Gmail users. lockrScan requires authentication into the Gmail app utilizing Google API services. lockrScan’s use and transfer to any other app of information received from Google APIs will adhere to Google API Services User Data Policy, including the Limited Use requirements.
User data permissioned to lockr from Gmail will only be used for the function of lockrScan as a product. lockr will only transfer restricted scope data to others if the transfer is (a) necessary to provide or improve user-facing features that are prominent from the requesting app’s user interface, (b) to comply with applicable laws, or (c) a part of a merger, acquisition or sale of assets of the developer. Restricted scope data will not be used to serve targeted advertisements. Humans will not be allowed to read restricted scope user data with the following four limited exceptions: (a) lockr obtains a user’s consent to read specific messages (for example, for tech support), (b) it’s necessary for security purposes (for example, investigating abuse), (c) to comply with applicable laws, and (d) lockr aggregates and anonymizes the data and only uses it for internal operations (for example, reporting aggregate statistics in an internal dashboard). Restricted scope data will be stored for 90 days.
Your Data, Your Choice
We believe the information and data you choose to share with us belongs to you. As such, you should be, and are, in control of how you want us to handle it. Below are some mechanisms we provide for you to control certain uses and disclosures of your information.
- Account Preferences Dashboard. Every lockrMail user has control of their data and information through the use of the lockrMail preferences dashboard. Here, you can set your EFP, as well as consent to the lockrMail Publisher Network (down to individual publishers). This method is the most direct way to control the flow of your data and information, and customize to your desire.
We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI“) on the NAI’s website.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
lockr respects data subject rights. We allow you to correct, amend, delete, or limit the use of your information. You can review and change your personal information by logging into lockrMail and visiting your account profile page.
You may also send us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 917-719-4355 to request access to, correct, or delete any personal information that you have provided to us. We cannot delete your personal information except by also deleting your user account. We may not accommodate a request to change information if we believe the change would violate any law or legal requirement or cause the information to be incorrect.
Cross-Border Transfer of Data
Your California Privacy Rights
If you are a California resident, California law may provide you with additional rights regarding our use of your personal information. To learn more about your California privacy rights, visit lockrMail CCPA Notice.
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are a resident of the European Economic Area (EEA), you have certain data protection rights, covered by the GDPR. In certain circumstances, you have the following data protection rights, a) the right to access, update or to delete the information we have on you; b) the right of rectification. You have the right to have your information rectified if that information is inaccurate or incomplete; c) the right to object. You have the right to object to our processing of your Personal Data; d) the right of restriction. You have the right to request that we restrict the processing of your personal information; e) the right to data portability. You have the right to be provided with a copy of your Personal Data in a structured, machine-readable and commonly used format; f) the right to withdraw consent. You also have the right to withdraw your consent at any time where we rely on your consent to process your personal information. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. Please note, we may not able to provide Service without some necessary data.
You may contact our EU data protection officer at email@example.com. You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data. For more information, please contact your local data protection authority in the European Economic Area (EEA).
We have implemented measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls.
The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for keeping your lockrMail password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet and mobile platforms is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through lockrMail. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures we provide.
We retain the Non-PII collected from the Websites for up to 13 months. We hope that you remain a customer of our Service for a long time and will retain information collected via the Service for as long as you continue to use the Service. If you stop using the Service, we will retain and use your information to the extent necessary to comply with our legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
Changes to Our Privacy Notice
The date the Privacy Notice was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable email address for you and for periodically visiting this Privacy Notice to check for any changes.